Welcome!

Reflections on raising someone who is probably going to change the world.




Monday, August 31, 2009

Best one yet

I know I have been focusing on the smiling. And that gets kind of boring after a while. But there is a reason I am focusing on this. I think the whole Cassidy getting developmentally to the point where she is actually reacting and responding to us has pushed me out of my new-mama funk. I have been feeling slowly better and more like myself over the past month, but her face lighting up when she sees me is amazing and has made everything worth it. I thought people were just saying that when they would say that when your kid smiles at you, it's all worth it. Doesn't that sound made up? A cliche that isn't even true? A lie, almost?

I'm here to tell you it is totally true and I am not exaggerating. When that little thing finally seems to notice you, and LIKE you - wow. The memories of those sleepless nights and hours of her crying just melt and fade. It doesn't matter. Really. I would do almost anything for that smile. I think this is why people spoil their kids - they get addicted to that smile. And I totally understand why.

There is quite simply nothing better than this...

No comments:

Post a Comment