Welcome!

Reflections on raising someone who is probably going to change the world.




Wednesday, August 12, 2009

more crazy

Things people have recently said or implied that I'm crazy for doing/attempting to do:

Work full time and part time at the same time.

And start grad school.

And get pregnant.

And plan to continue working and going to grad school after baby arrives.

Go on vacation with a newborn.

So...the latest? Well, I'm starting a brand new job at a totally different agency on September 8th. It's a great job, about a 25% salary increase, about the same amount of time off, great benefits and it's exactly what I'd like to be doign next.

So, it's like, great news. But I'd be remiss if I didn't at least acknowledge the slight craziness of it all. I didn't really intend for all of these things to be happening at once, but your early 30s are a busy time - it's prime time for the career to really take off, it's grad school time for some of us, it's baby time for lots of us. I think the next few years are just going to be a little, well, crazy. Hopefully little Cass will simply adapt and be like her mother - enjoying life that travels at a heart-pounding speed...

No comments:

Post a Comment