Welcome!

Reflections on raising someone who is probably going to change the world.




Thursday, November 19, 2009

On the subject of keepsakes...

So, I know a lot of people that are making stuff for their baby. Baby's first Christmas ornament, Baby's first blankie, a special toy, a rattle, etc. I am all for that kind of thing...well, within reason...there is a lot of weird stuff out there. I just don't really know how to make anything. Anyone have any suggestions? I don't like embellished, knit things, ugly photo frames, pillows with embroidery...pretty much anything embroidered. I do not like figurines (with one very small exception - I have a slightly soft spot in my heart for those Willow Creek things because my grandma got me one and so did my mom - however, I do not want a giant collection!!)

I want a cool idea. Something neat-o that would be interesting to look back at. I can tell you one thing, though. I really, really do not want this:



http://www.inhabitots.com/2009/10/01/doing-it-for-the-kids-design-exhibition-placenta-teddy-bear/

......

4 comments:

  1. omg. i don't know what's worse-this, or when people eat it. have you SEEN one of those episodes of a birthing home bringing baby diary? sliced it up like a little pancetta is what they did....ewwwwww.

    -tolner

    ReplyDelete
  2. hee hee - i know!! EEEWWWW! People - if you haven't clicked on the link, you really, really should.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup. I thought, what is that bear made of? Human skin?? I don't know if placenta is better or worse...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, for the love of .. That is NASTY, woman. XD

    ReplyDelete