Welcome!

Reflections on raising someone who is probably going to change the world.




Thursday, July 30, 2009

are we crazy?

Kevin is officially on paternity leave and we are leaving for vacation in the morning. Some people think this is crazy. I actually think this is the opposite of crazy. What would be CRAZY is missing a fun trip with my family to some serious Wine Country and a beautiful house on a giant lake. I mean, even if she screams the entire time, at least I can 1. look at a pretty lake while she is screaming 2. have a fresh glass of local wine while she is screaming - hey, they say it lowers your blood pressure AND helps the breastmilk let down - everyone wins! and 3. can hand her off to my husband, mom, dad, uncle, aunt, cousin or cousin's girlfriend who is a neo-natal emergency care nurse at one of the best children's hospitals in the country.

What would also be crazy is staying here while my mom who has been our personal saint is on the above mentioned trip - my mother is basically the only reason I've showered regularly for the past 3 weeks.

However, our car is packed to the roof and we have a strange assortment of items coming along with us. And traveling with a 3 week old who sometimes loves the car (sleeps) and sometimes hates it (screams bloody murder for seemingly NO reason.) Fingers crossed for a great, event-free trip.

1 comment:

  1. hope ur havin a great vacay! thx for the msg, btw! driving priviledges reinstated! phew! let's catch up sometime!

    ReplyDelete