Welcome!

Reflections on raising someone who is probably going to change the world.




Monday, January 11, 2010

ugh. our first choking incident

Well, we had our first mini-emergency. It was relatively minor, but it COULD have been BAD. She managed to nibble off a corner of an envelope and down the hatch it went. I tried to grab it but couldn't - she shut her little baby jaws and wouldn't let me reach in there. She swallowed it and started to choke. I had to grab her and run up the stairs to the changing table where I coule see better doing "back blows" which knocked it free. I then tried to grab it first with my fingers, then tweezers, and eventually fished it out with her baby thermometer. I remained calm, but nearly had a heart attack afterward. Poor thing - she was so scared and confused - I've never hit her on the back or shoved my fingers down her throat before. I felt horrible about the whole thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment