Welcome!

Reflections on raising someone who is probably going to change the world.




Saturday, January 30, 2010

6 month update

This child has suddenly turned into a real, actual human being. She is so interactive. She can sit up by herself, say "baba" and dada". She is also getting her first tooth! She might have rolled off the bed the other day, too - but she doesn't seem any worse for wear. And as I confess that, (even though it wasn't on my watch, I feel awful about it!) just about everyone I tell has a similar story. I think it's a right of passage of parenthood or something. Basically, realizing you child isn't a Faberge egg. Our doctor told us that if we walk into her office with a five year old with her first skinned knee, we are doing something wrong - she should have her first skinned knee way before that. She said bumps and bruises are how they learn their limits. I love our doctor. I am also scared of Cassidy hurting herself. But that is just part of life, part of motherhood. I love this little girl so much. She is just a delight at this age. No, the sleeping situation isn't really any better, but she is totally worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment